Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Can't

As I look ahead to this Thursday nights' ordination service, I find myself thinking about when I first began to feel the call of ministry on my life sometime during the latter part of 2000.  I've been thinking about how I felt about not being saved too long, not growing up in a church, not knowing all the worship songs, not having any public speaking experience, no post high school education, etc.  Needless to say, I had a ton of excuses and it never really hit me until the fall of 2005 when my pastor at the time at New Hope Assembly of God in Lancaster, asked me to consider coming on as youth pastor.  My first thought was "I Can't" and  those thoughts from 5 years earlier started to re-surface and it wasn't long after that God was telling me, "Good, then you will let me do it through you".  Those similar thoughts came as I saw things begin to fall in place for me at Velocity Church.  How can I be lead pastor, I've never put a church budget together, I've never been in a board meeting (except to inform them I was leaving Tiffin), I am only used to preaching on a Sunday morning once a month, etc.  You know, those thoughts weren't around too long as I remembered that what God told me in 2005, is still true in 2011 and for the rest of my life.  So when you find yourself in a situation like this, remember, God will do it through you.


2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT) Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

1 comment:

Followers