Friday, May 4, 2012

Checking In

It has been a ridiculously long time since I have shared some thoughts on here.  Fitting I guess since the last post talked about shifting gears.  Guess I finally down shifted, haha. It has been a little over a year now since I have been serving Velocity Church as lead pastor.  It has by far been a fast, fun, enjoyable year.  There have been some tricky times here and there and some decisions to make that I didn't expect to face in the first year but all in all, I would do it all over again.  The family is doing very well and things at the church are going just as good.   I'm just glad that God doesn't forget about us and that he isn't about "Checking In" from time to time to see how we are but that he is always there.  In the last couple weeks, I have been really evaluating my time with God.  I have been trying to focus on him more throughout the day and not just try to get in my 15 minutes in the morning and then never look to or think about God again.  God is always there and as believers, we need to always be mindful of that.

Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV) The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers