Monday, July 25, 2011

Challenge Me

As a pastor, I tend to put a few messages together that are geared for one purpose...to challenge the believers in the room.  Many times, those messages come from something that the Spirit has laid on my heart as a personal challenge, but other times, I feel that it is good for Christians to be challenged in their thoughts, their views and their walk with Christ.  Today, I got my challenge form a book I started reading called "not a fan" by Kyle Idleman.  With just the prologue and first chapter, many of the things I have thought as a pastor or Christian, have been challenged.  It's one of those times where I believe as leaders, if we are going to challenge others, we must be willing to be challenged by others.  As of this morning, I'm hoping to be challenged more and more in 2011.  I hope that you too will say, "Challenge Me."

Proverbs 27:17 (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers